Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday, bloody Sunday

Well not really, I was just singing some U2 to my daughter...perhaps I should sing a different song to her lol.  I don't sing traditional lullaby's to her all that much.  I found that being a sleep deprived single parent and singing sleepy tunes rendred me in to a sleepy state, while my daughter was merrily looking around the room, squirming continuously, as I desperately tried to get her down for a nap.  It was then, in my rocking chair, I decided that singing other songs and melodies that I liked and would keep me awake would perhaps work better.  And I was right!  She particularly likes Led Zeppelin, Metallica and Bob Marley. That's my girl!

I was just looking at some skydiving classes in Toronto.  That is one of my odd goals for this year. It is something that i've always wanted to do, and last night I made the firm, but brief decision to do so.  Life is too short, and I am learning that more than ever now, watching my daughter grow, each month that passes is now a blur.

This morning I was looking at the two clocks in my kitchen, 2 minutes off from each other, and that got me thinking.  What's 2 minutes? What could happen in those 2 minutes?  To some people that is "just" time...it will pass uneventful, nothing changing.  Then I got to thinking, a lot can happen in 2 minutes, hell, even a second! Something so simple as this we all take for granted.  While sipping on my coffee and eating my Kashi "Go Lean" cereal I came up with this list of life changing events that happen every day in the world in 2 minutes, 1 minute and even a split second :
*Birth
*Your first breath
*Your first heart beat
*Conception
*Death
*Saying " I do"...or maybe I don't if it turns out your with the wrong person
*Meeting someone you will love, meeting some one you will hate
*A smile that can warm a strangers heart
*Signing for a major part of your life...mortgage, marriage, birth certificate etc...
*A leap of faith
*An accident
*Saying something that you may regret for a long period of time
*Saying something that you will not regret

I could go on, but i'm pretty sure you get where i'm going.  It's time to stop living in the past, dwelling on the negative, and sincerely start to appreciate each second we have in our lives.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to make a post on my Facebook to see who is crazy enough to go jump out of a plane and fall at over 200km/hr to the earth with me!

xo